17 July 2016

Vietnam War Medal

This is another occasion where a Corps association has come to the fore and helped me finalise a search. This time it was Royal Australian Army Medical Corps Association. The search was for 1203306 Michael James O'Brien who served in Vietnam in 1971.
I was able to track Michael up until 1980 but then the trail went cold. A contact I have in Defence was able to provide me his date of discharge and Michael's last unit. This information went out across the RAAMC network and through several connections I was provided Michael's number.
The medal I will be sending back to Michael is an official duplicate as indicated by the 'D' following his name.
Thank you to the Hervey Bay RSL Sub-branch for sending this to me and to Ray W who drew all the links together.
The returned medal tally is now 1858.


1 comment:

  1. I would be very happy to visit your blog everyday as it gives more knowledge by reading your article visa vietnam

    ReplyDelete