10 May 2015

Duplicate WWII medals

As soon as these medals arrived in the mail I knew they were a duplicate set. The medals just look different to the original post war production runs. This was confirmed by the stamped 'D' following the name which I've shown in the photos.
There isn't much to tell other than the solider married after the war but there is no evidence that he had any children. I have found his head stone and there is no mention of a wife or children. I was able to piece together a family tree by using the electoral rolls which led me to a cousin. That is really about all I could disclose.
Thank you to Lindsay at the NSW RSL HQ.
The returned medal tally is now 1671.

1 comment:

  1. Never knew my father, Richard Seymour OWEN...therefore I have never held or seen his service medals. My name was changed by deed poll over thirty years ago. I have managed to download his service records,(two army and one airforce) I need something that belonged to my DAD. My number is 0455139576..email is rickfisher56@gmail.com I would greatly appreciate any advice you might be able to give me.Cheers.

    ReplyDelete