24 October 2014

James Hayes

This search is for the family of 2650 James Henry Hayes who served with 30th Battalion, AIF. The medal came to me from Ross W of Alice Rive, QLD and the research gave me some challenges.
Hayes was from Camperdown in Sydney and using the electoral rolls it was easy to put together a tree of the Hayes family. James had five brothers and three sisters.
What surprised me was that none of the males from this family married so the path I followed was down through their sister Irene who married Frances Meigan. Their son Robert served in WWII and they also had several daughters. It is the son of one of these daughters who I spoke to today and will send the medal to shortly.
The returned medal tally is now 1552.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work as always ... I feel a busy few years coming on.

    ReplyDelete