27 March 2014

Samuel Cryer

This pair of WWI medals was sent to me by the WA RSL. They were awarded to 21904 Samuel Cryer. Samuel served in the Border Regiment but the details I had on him were rather thin. After revisiting this search on several occasions I found Samuel included on the Ancestry family tree of Teresa F.
After I contacted Teresa she passed my details to Samuel's grand daughter who has recently been in contact with me. I'll be sending these medal back to the family in the near future.
The returned medal tally is now 1437 (there has been another return in recent days which I'm unable to publish the details about).

2 comments:

  1. excellent stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for all your efforts and to Teresa F. This is an amazing service that you provide. Our family will be overwhelmed. This is priceless and an honour my grand father's memory.

    KCryer

    ReplyDelete