31 July 2013

Ivan Harrison

Three of the medals awarded to 41944 Corporal Ivan Lindsay Harrison, RAAF, were recently sent to me by Bernard D of Kotara, NSW. Having now spoken to Ivan's nephew, I know that Ivan was a Coast Watcher in PNG and would have been entitled to two more medals.
The medals are in as issued condition and never worn, they are also typical of RAAF WWII issued medals, being hand engraved rather than impressed. David tells me that after living in Melbourne after the war, Ivan moved to NSW which probably explains how his medals ended up there.
Thank you to Michael B for the part you played in helping me located David. For anyone who knows me well they will understand why I smilled when I found out what David's name was. The returned medal tally is now 1297.




1 comment: