07 November 2012

Australian Active Service Medal

It is not often that I see contemporary Australian medals that have been lost. When I do it is usually because they have been stolen and then discarded. In this case the Australian Active Service Medal awarded to LAC Proudlock was found in the mail having come adrift from its packaging.
It didn't take me long to track down LAC Proudlock and I'll soon be forwarding the medal and his Returned From Active Service Badge to his unit.














This medal came to me from Jackie E of Australia Post. Jackie has been forwarding me lost medals for about 10 years and I think have close to a 100% return rate for her.
The returned medal tally is now 1193.

1 comment:

  1. A good story from Australia Posts perspective as they usually manage to loose parcels.

    Congratulations Glyn ... you do such a wonderful job :)

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete