28 September 2012

Soldier On

I very rarely endorse any product, cause or company as I wish to be seen as unbiased as possible. This is despite the many requests and financial inducements I receive to have the Lost Medals Australia name affiliated with a particular group or company. I try to stay aligned to those others who support veterans like the RSL.
I recently had the good fortune to met John Bale and Cavin Wilson. These are two highly motived young officers who founded Soldier On which has a focus on veterans of contemporary conflicts. The purpose and values of Soldier On are:


Purpose: 
Soldier On is about Australians coming together to show their support for our physically and psychologically wounded – we will always have their backs. It’s about giving those who have served our country the dignity they deserve and the chance to do and be whatever they choose through; providing access to inspirational activities, supporting rehabilitation and providing opportunities that empower individuals.
Values:
To be strictly non-political and non-critical
To always remain ‘light’ and never be a self-serving entity
To work with the Australian Defence Force or any other agency that supports our purpose.

I would encourage readers of my blog to visit the Soldier On website and have a look at what John and Cavin have achieved in a short period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment