01 February 2012

WWII Australian Service Medal 1939-45

The parcel that was sent to me that contained the Robson medals also had a single 1939-45 ASM awarded to NX115779 Brian Thomas Birrell. I took about an hour to trace the family through the Electoral Rolls and the Ryerson Index and I have just spoken to Brian's wife.
How the medal was first lost and then put with the Robson medals is anyone's guess. Mrs Birrell tells me that she has been looking for this medal for years as she has the rest of Brian's group. Not only is the medal being returned to the family it is being reunited with the others awarded to this soldier.
The medal returned tally is now 1070.

3 comments:

  1. My father's four WWII medals were lost during a move approximately 20 years ago. His name was Kevin Roy Couchman DOB 24-1-14 and was in the Signals Corp from I believe 1939 to 1945. I would really like to get a copy of his medals to take to display and take to my grave with me as there are no other relatives left in his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have not received a reply to my above post. Can anyone help me. I live in SE Qld.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, your comment was in a post that was over 12 months old which is why I didn't pick it up. Please email me so I can provide you some advice. My address is llanwarne80 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete