31 May 2010

Thomas Update

The search for the family of PTE Murray Thomas that I posted on 25 May 10 has got better and better. As it turns out the the medals will be returned to Thomas' grandson Murray Wilton. This name might be familiar to Sydney readers. Murray is one half of the Two Murrays afternoon drive program on 2UE.
Murray called me the other day at my office and we had a wonderful chat about what a surprise it was for him to be contacted by Bill and then to be told about these medals. Murray very kindly offered to speak to me on air that afternoon. I am very grateful to Murray for this opportunity and I hope that this might lead to some clues about other medals we are researching.
Today the Thomas medals received a bit of a spruce up and were court mounted and cleaned. A couple of pictures are below. This work was done by MAJ Daryl Johnson who does the highest quality work with medal mounting.
The plan is for Murray and I to met in the not to distant future so that I can give him back these medals personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment