08 January 2010

WWII Nurse

This medal is a WWII Pacific Star awarded to WFX34622 Ruth Margaret Veitch. Ruth saw service in Madang where she was a nurse in the 102 Casualty Clearing Station. She would have been entitled to at least four more medals but where they are is a mystery.
This search was a relatively easy one. I received the medal earlier this week and my initial search indicated that Ruth was originally from a small farming community in WA. The white pages showed that there was only a few people with the same surname in that area so I took a punt and my first call I made was to Ruth's nephew. Total research time was about 10 minutes. Bill and I only wish they were all this easy.
The medals returned tally is now 576.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Glynn,
    I am Bradley Sharpe Grandson of Sgt Frank Thompson he served in the 102nd Casualty Clearing Station. I am on the Committee of the Decendants of Veterans WW2 and Post WW2 Association Inc. I noticed that Ruth Margaret Veitch had lost her medals and she served in the same Clearing Station as my Grandfather. I am trying to find out more information about the 102nd Casualty Clearing Station. Would it be possible to pass on my details to Ruth Margaret Veitch or her family.

    Regards,

    Brad Sharpe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brad and thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you read this as Blogger wont allw me to access your profice and there is no contact details. Can you please email me at llanwarne80 at hotmail dot com

    Glyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying to get intouch with Brad.Shape as wanting to sign as a member of a Descendant. of my grandfather's WWF. & WWII for Anzacs day marchs.. as of 2015,I was in that march on this day. please contact me at your earliest convenience thanks. regards Tracey.Menzies. email, tracker1800@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete